A new beginning


(Some more nostalgic cell pics...we really have to take more new pictures!)



This thought came to mind this afternoon: Today is the first day for the rest of your life. I just felt that something new is happening in our cell, in the members' lives, and that this year is going to be quite an amazing one with God. Challenging, yes. But filled with purpose and progress. =)

I've been checking the blog stats and noticed that for the last two days, hardly anyone came to visit. That's probably the result of me blogging on the cell blog so irregularly nowadays. I'm committing to changing that and I will provide updates, thoughts, testimonies and anything else appropriate at least once a week. Anyone who wants to write here, please do inform me and I will put you on the author's list (but you will need a google or blogger account set up I think, if you don't have one already).

How has your prayer and fasting gone this week? I have a confession to make. I've never kept to my fasting commitments for an extended period of time until this week. Since Sunday, I had fasted lunch and after almost a week, I am seeing changes happen in my spiritual walk...things that I did not anticipate and even things that I did not really want to happen.

I just want to share a bit. Every night, when I try to sleep, I've been feeling such a burden to pray and I've been praying for all of you by name and for your situations, many times crying (So manly, right?). But I'm sensing a change in the spiritul atmosphere and in my faith level, and I strongly feel that there will be a breakthrough in many of our lives as a result of this month's focus. Please join me even as we fast and pray for God's hand, breakthrough and presence to pour out on our lives and those around us in March.

Tonight, we're officially moving our cell venue to Sarah's house. I keep saying this but we're really so blessed to have her mom open up the house to us. It is such a great place to have cell and to achieve our cell's purpose. I'm believing God for spiritual growth and maturity this year. I'm believing God that our cell will grow and reach out to more people. And I'm believing God for multiplication this year for our cell. Time to rise up and take our position in the kingdom of God.

Finally, the emphasis this month is on being positioned for service. The verse given is from Ephesians 4:11-12: "It was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be build up." To each person, God has provided giftings, and I challenge each of us to try to find those giftings and begin activating them to bless and honour Him.

See you all tonight! I'm excited about cell because we're having some of the transitioning college cell members joining us from today. I hope Aunty cooks...Hahaha! So very hungry already...

1 comments:

lmm said...

cool. bring it...